If you are suffering from lower back pain, we offer treatment here at Specific Clinic of Chiropractic in Temple, TX. Muscles in the lower part of the back are responsible for rotating and flexing the hips while walking. Those same muscles also support the spinal column. Injuries to the joints, discs, ligaments, or muscles can result in acute low back pain. Severe pain can result from inflammation which may prompt immediate treatment. Whether your low back pain is acute or chronic, we can help you properly treat it.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain symptoms can range from mild to severe depending on the underlying causes. It can also become debilitating for some people. Symptoms may consist of:
- Dull or achy pain that is directed in the lower back
- Burning or stinging pain that radiates from the lower back to the back of the thighs
- Tightness and muscle spasms in the hips, pelvis, and lower back
- Pain that worsens with standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Not being able to stand up straight, or difficulty with walking
Acute back pain usually starts suddenly and may last for several days or weeks. This is usually a result of tissue damage or injury. As the body heals, the pain will begin to subside. Subacute low back pain can last anywhere between 6 weeks to 3 months. It is described as mechanical pain but is usually prolonged. Chronic back pain is when pain lasts longer than 3 months. It is usually severe pain and does not respond to treatments at first. This type of back pain requires medical follow-ups to determine the pain source.
Chiropractic care is highly beneficial for patients that are dealing with lower back pain. There is an enhanced long-term outcome with chiropractic care. Chiropractic care to treat low back pain consists of:
- Spinal manipulation and manual manipulation- This is a high-velocity type of manipulation that works to improve the function and range of motion in the back. It is also known as chiropractic adjustment. This type of treatment should be included early on in the patient's care plan.
- Mobilization- This type of treatment is known as chiropractic mobilization and promotes the use of low-velocity manipulation. It works to stretch the muscles and joints. The main goal of this treatment is to increase the range of motion within these areas.
Every patient's treatment plan will differ according to their individual issues and activity tolerance.
Schedule an appointment with our team at Specific Clinic of Chiropractic, so we can help you find relief from your lower back pain. Offering a combination of chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy, our clinic will create a customized plan that works best for you. Contact us to find out how we can help you live pain-free.